Monday, October 3, 2016

Where Are We?

Welcome back to the fun and chaotic life of a grad student balancing school, coaching, and thesis writing! I know you are all on the edge of your seat regarding what I will write next, and believe me, I will give you some updated entries later on in the week.

For the time being, though, I want to fill you all in on the goings-on pertaining to the shows that I am attempting to watch this new 2016-2017 television season. Now, you may be thinking, "Spencer, how do you have time to watch so much TV when you are also busy trying to get your Master's?" Well... the fact of the matter is, I am forsaking sleep. And I guess you could say I have no life, because TV is my life. Because I will be incorporating what I watch into what I'm studying anyway.

Bear in mind, we are still pretty fresh on this season so far. I've immensely enjoyed what I have watched thus far, and I am excited to see what premieres this week (Divorce and Insecure primarily). For those who are curious, here is a comprehensive list of the new shows I plan on watching this season.

  • Atlanta (FX)
  • Crisis in Six Scenes (Amazon)
  • Divorce (HBO)
  • Easy (Netflix)
  • Fleabag (Amazon)
  • The Good Place (NBC)
  • Insecure (HBO)
  • Speechless (ABC)
  • This Is Us (NBC)
  • Westworld (HBO)
That said, I am also trying to indulge in some series that are in the middle of their runs. Here is that very list:
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
  • New Girl (FOX)
  • Transparent (Amazon)
  • The Voice (NBC)
Again, keep in mind that some returning shows are not back on yet-- I am merely referring to those that have already returned or will be in the immediate future. If you, too, are watching any of these shows, hit me up in the comments! I would love to dive in and discuss some of these. I will try and catch up with everything as quickly as I can. But ALSO! If you are interested in any particular think pieces regarding a specific episode or season, let me know. I would be more than willing to write about any of these series-- and I very well may later on in the future. In the mean time, I will focus on catching up with some reading and getting life back into place. 

May the force of TV be with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment